i am so very excited to be a part of SP8
here are some answers to some very important questions.
let the fun begin!
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?• I like just about everything. I’m not too picky. But I really don’t like anything itchy. I haven't tried any Noro yet. cotton is comfy. my absolute fave would probably be… cashmere! And anything from Uruguay.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?• just a plain ol’vinyl bag.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?• I started when I was a wee one, maybe 7 or 8. I’m just starting to read and understand patterns. I would consider myself intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?• no. I must to look into that!
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)• I like minty, tea tree, eucalyptus or spicey stuff. Florals and fruity scents give me headaches. i don't do baths very often, unless it's for medicinal purposes. my skin just doesn't seem to like to stay wet for too long! but i absolutley love candles and insense!
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?• I can never get enough of dark chocolate – the darker, the better! dark chocolate with mint, dark chocolate with almonds, dark chocolate with dark chocolate...
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?• if I’m not knitting, I’m either reading, blogging or playing guitar. Occasionally I’ll mess around with beads (thanks to KO's inspiration).
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)• thanks to the hubs, I just got a brand new iPod Nano for my b-day. Bring on the tunes! I like just about any kind of music, except for swearing rappers screaching metal heads and breathy female vocals – they get on my nerves. I tend to like older music (Elvis, Patsy Cline, Billie Holiday, Los Panchos)
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?• if I could, I’d live in a rainbow. Purple might be my fave. But I also love fall colours and pink with black. I’m not to keen on neon.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?• Ecstaticly married with two gorgeous cats
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?• yes, yes, yes and yes
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?• socks! I also enjoy inventing my own thing. Like taking a pattern and amending it a bit or perhaps mixing two patterns to make it more unique.
13. What are you knitting right now?• socks and a holder for my new iPod Nano
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?• totally!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?• I enjoy both straight and circular, depends on the project. I really love the feel of bamboo.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?• no. winders rock! but i wouldn't know what do to with a swift.
17. How did you learn to knit?• my ma
18. How old is your oldest UFO?• currently i don't have any unfinished objects. well, i did start a pair of socks yesterday, so i guess that could be considered a UFO?
19. What is your favorite holiday?• does halloween count? Boo!
20. Is there anything that you collect?• all things Elvis (the king of rock, not the skater)
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?• sock books, bamboo circulars, rio de la plata yarn. I like Knit1, but I don’t have subcriptions to any. i really dig those fleece artist kits.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?• cables, mobius, felting, using circs to make socks
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?• Yes. I’m a ladies shoe size 5 (approx length of barefoot from back of heel to tip of big toe: 8.5)
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)• April 26