where one krazy knitter spins her yarns....

Friday, April 11, 2008

Photo Class

I had the awesome opportunity of taking a photo class for bloggers and ravelers at In the Loop Café last Sunday. Taught by super-blogger-photo-masters, Jacquie & Michelle, the class was a blast, oh, and super informative. Not only did I score a great kit consisting of white bristol board, a heavy duty light bulb and a groovy little beanbag Michelle-made tripod, I walked away feeling like I had a brand new camera. Or at least now, my camera and I speak the same language. Or maybe now I just speak "camera" period. Anywhozit, enuf with the bla bla and on with the shots....

Besides getting to know the basics and key funtcions of our point n shoots, we also learned about incorporating composition, staging and point of view...

For Baby Jake

I think this would be a good example. These are Jake's baby booties and umbilical cord hat that are yet to be gifted. This was shot in flash-less natural light using a two second delay. I love the reflection coming off of the dark table and the cockiness of the booties.

and then The Rule of Thirds. i suck at anything math -- numbers, fractions, percentages, you name it...but i think I that I caught the gist of the rule with this shot...

Hot Hot Photo Babes (aka Jacquie & Aleta)

The ladies helped me discover the "grid" button on the camera and all of a sudden I saw the light. We could also call this shot the Rule of Hotness.

I've always dreamed of great close up shots that really capture the fibers in my projects. The macro feature is one of the reasons that the hubs santa'd me this new camera for xmas in the first place.

Noro Silk Garden Lite Macro-fied

Can you see the seed stitch cozy-ing up to the stockinette leaning up against the garter? I "heart" me some macro and the fact that the symbol is a tulip makes it that much more fun to use. ha!

But not all was gorgeous photos, hot babes and hella-good laffs. No, things eventually got all loco and wonky-fied....

Michelle Wears Bacon

Now don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with wearing felted bacon for eyebrows, but if you're going to capture the moment you should at least make sure that the exposure is set up correctly. Thanks photo gurus for getting into my menus and manual and setting me straight.

And one of my favourite photos of the day....


Hunka Hunka Felted Bacon

Being a huge lover of bacon and all things fried, The King would have been proud! Thank you, thank you very much for learnin' me so good ladies!

2 Comments:

Blogger Not An Artist said...

Bacon & Elvis!!! Love it. I'm so glad you had a good time and learned stuff. I can't wait to see even more spectacular knit photos :)

Saturday, April 12, 2008

 
Blogger jacquieblackman said...

Love your photos! LOVE the felted bacon.

I'm glad that you had a good time in the class. And I'm going to echo (or repeat) what Michelle said, can't wait to see more spectacular photos from ya!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home