where one krazy knitter spins her yarns....

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Shower - Part One, Blanket of Love

Jacquie threw the most awesomest baby shower for me this weekend. I was so completely overwhelmed by all of the love and attention, I'm still reeling and walking around in a daze. Well, the daze part could be the preggo-itis, but seriously - I was completely bowled over. I would love to go on and on forever with pix & tales of all of the sweet treats that the knitters showered me with that day, but for now let me start by sharing this...

The Blanket of Love
photo by Jacquie

The hostess with the mostest corralled the knitters to each knit/crochet a square for the "community" blanket that will soon swaddle our brand new bundle of joy. (If you click on the photo it should take you to the flickr page were the knitters have so kindly begun to fill in their names by the square that they knit.) This is truly a most amazing gift. It blows my mind to think of all of the hands, and time and thought and love that went into every single stitch in each special square. I want to hang it on the wall and sit back and stare at it. And then I wanna take it down and feel it and smell it and wrap it around myself. An incredible heirloom to be treasured eternally. Thank you, thank you, thank you ALL so very very much. xoxo

1 Comments:

Blogger jacquieblackman said...

xoxo right back 'atcha!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home