Let the swapping
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?• SUPER-faves: big bulky stuff like Americo; super soft stuff like cashmere and Malabrigo; anything from Fleece Artist and sock yarn.• NON-faves: anything that sheds or is itchy and scratchy, acrylics or freaky eyelashy stuff.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?• Elvis tins that used to hold chocolates and a tall glass candle holder with the Virgin Mary on it. The candle, like the chocolates, is long gone of course!
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?• I started when I was a wee one, maybe 7 or 8. Learned from my mom. I would consider myself intermediate verging on advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?• nope
5. What's your favorite scent?• I like minty, tea tree, eucalyptus or spicey cinnamon-y stuff. Florals and fruity scents give me headaches. i don't do baths and I only burn bees wax candles.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?• I can never get enough of dark chocolate! dark chocolate with mint, dark chocolate with almonds, dark chocolate with dark chocolate...
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?• if I’m not knitting, I’m either reading, blogging, shopping or playing guitar. Occasionally I’ll mess around with beads (thanks to KO's inspiration). And I will learn to spin one of these days!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)• I have an iPod and an iMac. I like just about all kinds of music, except for swearing rappers, screaching metal heads and girly female vocals – they get on my nerves. I tend to like *older *music (Elvis, The Beatles, Patsy Cline, Billie Holiday, Los Panchos).
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?• if I could, I’d live in a rainbow. Purple might be my fave. But I also love fall colours and pinks with black. I’m not too keen on neons.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?• blissfully married with two stunning cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?• I sure do, and sometimes all at once!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?• I enjoy creating my own thing. Like taking a pattern and amending it a bit or perhaps mixing two patterns to make it more unique. I love gifting, so quick knits like hats, scarves or arm warmers are always on the go. As well as socks. I dig the socks.
13. What are you knitting right now?• socks and a sweater.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?• totally!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?• straight, circs, dpns. I prefer bamboo, but I do own aluminum and plastic.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?• thanks to Santa Hubs, yes and yes!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?• 10 months
18. What is your favorite holiday?• it's a tie between Christmas and Halloween
19. Is there anything that you collect?• all things Elvis (the king of rock, not the skater)
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?• I love addi turbo needles. As for books, I'd love to get my paws on No Sheep for You, Twinkles Big City Knits, any of the Vogue Stitchionary books. I do not have any subscriptions.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?• I'm just starting to fair isle and i'd love to magic loop.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?• Yes. I’m a ladies shoe size 5 (approx length of barefoot from back of heel to tip of big toe: 8.5)
23. When is your birthday?• April 26th