where one krazy knitter spins her yarns....

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dusk and Sangria

Thought I'd share a few things that are just sitting around the ol' crib. I was thrilled to make a brief stop at the Kniterary in Whitby this weekend (thanks Mom & Jay). The shop is so quaint and Martina is so friendly and the yarn totally rocks. Inspired by Amy R. Singer's Montana Bay Scarf in Summer 07's Interweave, I was enchanted by the Sea Silk. Handmaiden has such exquisite yarns. I believe this skein's colour may be Sangria. Salud!

Three Glasses Full

Last night I headed to Lettuce Knit, with my brand new lawn chair in tow, for some knitting, tinking, friends and guffaws. There I met up with a very special someone.....

Dusk

Thanks to Lisa! She surprised me with a coupla monster-ass skeins of this groov-a-licious Cherry Tree Hill Jumbo Loop Mohair. To entice me in some co-captain-ness for Team West in the TTC KAL(have u signed up yet?); as an incentive to get me up good and early on a Saturday morning (only for Lisa and Team West! Go TW!!); and to console me for the loss of Goldie 2.

Oh yeah!

This mohair madness will soon be known as, Dusk, a glorious triangle shawl. Garter, increase, garter. Cheers. Brainlessly brilliant! We hope to be ready for the Collingwood Elvis Festival! Now, that's a hunka hunka burnin' yarn!

2 Comments:

Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

It's kind of creepy how it seems to be looking right at you no matter what angle you look at it from...

Thursday, May 24, 2007

 
Blogger Martina said...

Kinda looks like the Elvis of Yarn!

Thursday, May 24, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home