where one krazy knitter spins her yarns....

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Yarn Birds

A friend sent me this pic and yarn bird info. I love the art and the folklore behind it. Aren't they tweet!?

Yarn birds feed on cotton yarn which grows on cotton yarn trees. Yarn bird lovers put metal frames on trees to attract these birds to live there. Female yarn birds are more beautiful than the male. A normal yarn bird family consists of one female and two to three male yarn birds. Each year mother and father yarn bird both sheds a thread and mother starts knitting up a baby yarn bird. Father yarn birds do not know how to knit but know how to eat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Soosan said...

Hey, today's word verification is "Soyod". Sounds like some ailen soybean.

Anyway... I love this bird thing so much, you have NO idea. I have to send that to my other bird nerd friends (who knit).

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

 
Blogger Martina said...

I think I should send my birding husband out to find some of those birds! Too funny!

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home