where one krazy knitter spins her yarns....

Monday, January 21, 2008

Creative Blocking

As some of you already know, I've been knitting up Le Slouches like they're going out of style! I love the pattern and the fact that they seem to compliment faces of all shapes and sizes and they don't squish down the hair-do too much. (In a pinch, they can also be called upon to hide a hair-don't). I only have one little problem and that's the "nipple-ing" that happens on the decreases. I spoke with some fellow knitters and this was my favourite suggestion....

Before

Water balloon blocking! Thanks Michelle! Not only did it work, it was quite fun. The weight of the water ironed out the nipples and the shape of the balloon gave Le Slouch and nice drape. The hubs really enjoyed being my assistant on this one. What is it with fellas and water balloons anyway? Once the blocking was done he put the balloons in the tub to see what the cats would do with them. The cats, being brilliant little felines, managed to navigate around the water traps and weren't bothered by them in the least. The hub's mischievous plans - thwarted once again!

After

And here they are in all of their glory. Fionnuala in Charcoal and Kelley in Oxford Grey. Stunning muchachas they are! And I'm off to toss some water bombs from the 28th floor! Just kidding, y'all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Not An Artist said...

Yay! I love it -- balloon-blocking is awesome. Great Le Slouches, I have to make me some of them soon!

Monday, January 21, 2008

 
Blogger jacquieblackman said...

I love it! :-)

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home