where one krazy knitter spins her yarns....

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Malabrigo Maternity

It's been finished for a while now, but I could never get around to taking a picture of my Maternity Cardi. Thanks to my mom, the photog, here it is in all of its Black Forest Malabrigo glory....

Show me your bump

I adore this yarn. It's so soft, it comes in awesome colours and well, it's from Uruguay - need I say more!? Last year The Beadery was getting rid of all of their yarn with an amazing sale. I stashed as much of it as I could. Although the skeins were the same colour, the dye lot was slightly off. Thanks to Lisa's bright idea -- rotate the skeins to keep the colour consistant, it all worked out. A bit of a pain in the culo, but well worth it in the end.

mama's got malabrigo back

And thanks to Cosmicpluto for her inspirational top down cardigan pattern (no sewing!). I followed it up until slip stitches for sleeves on a holder. Knowing that I was preggers when I started it I decided to increase (instead of decrease) down the body to give it more of an A-line drape. I love it so much, I could sleep in it! Or at least siesta!

4 Comments:

Blogger jacquieblackman said...

Love that sweater! Mmmmmmalibrigo!

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

 
Blogger Kate Linnea Welsh said...

It looks great!

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

 
Blogger Soosan said...

Hubba hubba

Thursday, February 07, 2008

 
Blogger kokopuff said...

This looks awesome - nicely done!

Friday, February 08, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home