where one krazy knitter spins her yarns....

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Hat Head

2007 turned out to be the year of The Hat in my knitting world. I had so many compliments and requests for Le Slouch, it seemed like a great Christmas gift idea for some of the gals in my family.


Le Collection

From the top -- Heidi in Earthy Brown Seed Stitch; Vicki in Charcoal Double Seed Stitch; Tracey in Twisted Taupe YO and Lori in Frosted Rose YO. (All in Paton's Shetland Chunky). I've made so many of these dang Slouches I needed a break from the pattern and so I gave the yarn-over a go. After the increases, I *YO, K* for one round and *K* for the next round and I got this great hole-y look. I think they turned out super sweet. The last two on the bottom? The hubs chose this orange yarn (Vanna's Choice! who knew?!). He wanted it super simple and not too bulky. The pattern is just a K3, P1 rib. And the last one is my first "real" cable project. Stitched up on Christmas day from the Stitch n Bitch Nation's basic cable toque pattern. It's good to know that some of my peeps will have nice cozy hat heads this winter!

1 Comments:

Blogger jacquieblackman said...

Your slouches and touques are loverly. Yea!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home