where one krazy knitter spins her yarns....

Monday, June 11, 2007

TTC KAL...A day in pictures...

And it went something like this...Saturday June 9, 2007....

The very brave Lisa asked that I co-captain TTC Knit-a-long Team West with her. Our team reached 21 knitters by 10:00am! I usually can't speak till at least noon, especially on a Saturday. Particularly after a Drunken Knitters Night! But we held it together, or maybe I just faked it really well....

Captain, my Captain

First stop, Village Yarns. They treated Team West to a warm welcome, loot bags, a big arse raffle and some sweet snacks....these were the napkins on hand...

can ya dig it?

Thanks to Lisa for making the mimosas mucho delisio! These lovely ladies came in from Waterloo. Fabulous dames. Lotsa fun....

Waterloo-nies keep keepin on!
(Amy, Lynn and Beth)

Patrick mixed mimosas and gave us a tour of the fabulous shop. Talk about a know-it-all, this dude really knows his shtuff! I was dizzy from all the info, or it coulda bin the champagne. shhh...

Village Yarns' Patrick and The Wall of Sock(s)

One of the things that gets the hub out to the west end (besides my wonderful family) is Patrick's gy-normous Bouvier...


Zoe guards the Noro

Team West grabbed there goodies and headed off for their long trek to the big city and the mecca known as Romni. I don't have any pictures of this stop. I was too busy lei-ing myself in fleece artist and peek-a-boo-ing with the babes (see Sophie's silly pic). And then after a brief stop at the neighbouring Second Cup the knitters were off to the groovy cool Americo....

We "heart" Americo

Here I am with Brooklyn sporting one of their stunning cotton hoody-shrugs. This beautiful baby-blue number was donated to the KAL as a kit for the Most Original Knitted Object Prize. After feeling up and sniffing all of the Americo we headed to Kensington Market for some much needed lunch and a Lettuce Knit fix.....

Enter at your own risk

We were greeted by the lovely ladies at Lettuce Knit. Denny had made some delicious treats for us. My fave was a Martha Stewart specialty, topped with Nutella!

Denny & Megan

We all took a bit of a time out in the Market and sat out on the lawn lunching and stitching. At one point a fella came running over from the bar across the street yelling, "Is it really International Knitting in Public Day? Somebody please gimme something to knit!" So I handed him a garter stitch shawl I was working on and to our surprise not only did he knit, he picked! Yup, he got all continental on our asses!

Pickin' and a-grinnin!

He said he learned to knit so that he could pick up his friend's grandmother. Nice. Seeing that I had to rip back the stitchin' he had done, I'm sure he didn't have much luck with the grandmother either!

I see Wendy and Glenna and...Wonder Woman!

We packed up our gear and headed on out to the last stop on the whirlwind KAL - The Naked Sheep....It took us one Spadina car and two Queen cars to get there...

Are we freakin there yet!?

But we made it. A little late, but better late than never... This is the only pic I have from that stop.

Dirty

Some knitters had already been there waiting for an hour so we had to make the prize distribution quick and take a moment to stop and shop. And then to a patio for some snacks and relaxin'.

Waterloo-nies keepin me sane!

Much to my dissapointment the patio did not have a liquor liscence. What!?? I almost lost my mind! I had a bit of a tantrum, ordered a cola (!?) and pulled out the knitting. Thanks to the Waterloonies for helping me keep my sanity!

And thanks to everyone else who took part in this Krazy KAL. Hope you enjoyed it, hope that you're out there somewhere fondling yarn! Until next time....

4 Comments:

Blogger LG said...

Sandi, you had such a great time!

I*heart*Zoe!

Monday, June 18, 2007

 
Blogger Martina said...

Sounds like so much fun! I wish I could have joined you!

Monday, June 18, 2007

 
Blogger Yvette said...

Hey there Captain. Fancy!
see you at the next one for sure.

Monday, June 18, 2007

 
Blogger Peggy said...

Great recap! I didn't know what was going on with that West team! :P

Monday, June 18, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home