where one krazy knitter spins her yarns....

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Chunky Cotton Candy Keyholes

A new store opened up a few months ago, dangerously close to my work. Lunch could get very, very expensive. If you have the time, do check it out. Americo Original. This ain't your regular LYS. It's yarn and so much more! Think leather and yarn. You really have to see it for yourself. You'll want to touch everything! I've been going there so frequently lately, that the ladies have invited me to join them with my knitting during lunch. Argentinian handspun, hand-dyed merino is what I've picked up this time.....

Eye Candy


I wanted to gift knit some scarves for my ladies and I found the perfect yarn to knit with - huge! What a win/win situation! And what a quick knit on a pair of Rosewood 15mm! Fionnuala's came first. I started out with 10 stitches. Too wide. Then 8. Still too wide.

Fionnuala in Prototype

Only 6 stitches were required to create these lovely Cotton Candy Keyhole Scarves. Kelley's was knit during Karaoke Knit Night at Spirits. They sure are cozy!

Kelley in Karaoke

So if you're looking for me 'round lunch time, you know where I'll be hangin'. Not only will I be getting in some knitting time, I will also be practicing my Spanish! Hasta luego! (aka chow fer now!)

1 Comments:

Blogger LG said...

Hi Sandi! "Americo" is cool! I´ve seen the Argentine leather in boots and bags! You´re right, having this store close to you is dangerous! ;) How fun your knitters group, karaoke included! Enjoy with your friends! Happy holidays!

Friday, December 22, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home