where one krazy knitter spins her yarns....

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy BalentiMes!!

I'm a sucker for love. Always have been. And I've been fortunate enuf to catch me the love of my life! The hubs proposed to me on Valentine's day. That day, two years ago, Jay woke me with breakfast in bed and a bunch of gifts. Actually, the first gift he gave me that year was at midnight - an exercise ball. I didn't quite know how to take it, but I had asked for one at some point. The man listens!

And then the next morning, with breakfast, there were flowers and an Elvis DVD (King Creole) and a ring. When he gave me the ring he said, "This is not an engagement ring, it is just a valentine's day present."And I stuck my foot in my mouth by saying "Yeah, it would be sooo cheezie to get engaged on valentines' day! sheesh!" Later that night, just before dinner arrived at our table, he got down on one knee and, cheezie or not, proposed. Engagement ring and all! A silly moment to add to the memorable evening -- the waiter, not seeing Jay on his knee, tripped over him. Luckily the waiter was empty handed. And the hubs had his hands full! Forever!

2 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

Very sweet story! Happy Engagement Anniversary!!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

 
Blogger Needle Addict said...

aww that's so sweet.

King Creole = best Elvis movie evah.

(except for all the other Elvis movies of course)

Sunday, February 18, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home