where one krazy knitter spins her yarns....

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

American Beauty

just like Jacquie!

I made this rose in celebration of Jacquie's b-day. the pattern came from a book Sophie gave me for my b-day: Nicky Epstein's Knitted Flowers. ain't she gorgeous. i wanted the rose to sit on a stem and couldn't think of "how". and then a little lightbulb switched on overhead and i recalled that i had some vintage needles stashed away that my mom-in-law had given me. some of them didn't have a match - hey, why not recycle!? i icord-ed some green Bernat, slipped it over the needle and through the manos pink wooly rose and -- voila! Happy Birthday Jacquie Knitta G-friend!


4 Comments:

Blogger Sandi Purl said...

thanks! i must bring the book to the next meet up.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

 
Blogger Peggy said...

It's soooooooo pretty! I love how it can be a weapon too (for those times when someone tickles you with a cane on the TTC)!!!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

 
Blogger Mel said...

What a fab rose! Love it!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

 
Blogger jacquieblackman said...

Sandi Purl - U totally rawk! I love it. The rose will live in my knitting needle jar. Yee-haw!!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home